The FE 501 houses the most powerful engine in the Husqvarna enduro range. With large moving components, vibration is kept to a minimum through a counter-balancer shaft while a map select switch changes the power characteristics to best suit riding conditions. High-quality finishes and premium components ensure the FE 501 meets the highest level of quality and craftsmanship.
Delivering the highest level of performance in the Husqvarna enduro line-up, the 510.9cc power plant is more advanced than ever while weighing only 29.4 kg. Although delivering high performance the FE 501 can be tamed using the numerous advanced electronic rider aids, such as traction control and the handlebar map select switch, delivering accessibility for all terrain and skill levels.
- Engine → light and powerful
- Class-leading electronics → Keihin EFI, traction control
The SOHC cylinder head is incredibly compact and lightweight using a short profile with the camshaft located as close to the centre of gravity as possible, significantly improving handling and agility. The lightweight valves are actuated via a rocker arms and feature timing specifically designed to deliver precise levels of torque and throttle response. Additionally, 40 mm titanium intake valves, 33 mm steel exhaust valves, and low-friction DLC coating on the rocker arms and low-friction chain guides offer optimum efficiency and reliability.
- SOHC cylinder head → compact design, camshaft close to centre of gravity
- DLC coating and low-friction chain guides → low friction
Cylinder and piston
The lightweight aluminium cylinder features a 95 mm bore and a lightweight Konig forged bridge-box-type piston. This is perfectly matched to the high-compression combustion chamber, producing very little oscillating mass. The high compression ratio of 12.75:1 reduces vibration and engine knocking, further increasing rider control and comfort.
- Lightweight aluminium cylinder → 95 mm bore
- Lightweight forged box-type piston by Konig → high performance, reduced oscillating masses
A plain big-end bearing comprising two force-fitted bearing shells ensures maximum reliability and durability, guaranteeing long service intervals of 135 hours.
- Plain big-end bearing and force-fitted bearing shells → increased durability and service intervals
In order to counteract the rotational force of the crankshaft and reduce vibration, the FE 501 engine uses a multifunctional counter-balancer shaft which also drives the water pump.
- Multifunctional counter-balancer shaft → reduced vibration, compact design
The crankcases are designed to house the engine shafts and internals in the best possible positions, centralising mass for light handling. High-pressure die-cast production processes result in thin but robust wall thicknesses and keep weight to a minimum.
- Design → mass centralisation, lightweight handling
- High pressure die-cast production process → thin walls for optimised weight, while maintaining strength
The lightweight 6-speed gearbox ensures smooth and precise shifting thanks to a low-friction coating on the shifting fork. The gear lever features a design that prevents dirt build-up and keeps the lever tip in its original position even in the toughest conditions while a gear sensor matches specific engine maps to each gear.
- 6-speed gearbox → lightweight
- Fork coating → smooth and precise shifting
- Gear sensor → specific engine maps for each gear
The FE 501 features a DDS (Dampened Diaphragm Steel) clutch. The exclusive characteristics of this system include a single diaphragm steel pressure plate instead of traditional coil springs making the clutch action very light while the integrated damping system improves traction and durability. The clutch basket is a single-piece CNC-machined steel component that allows the use of thin steel liners and contributes to the compact design of the engine. The BRAKTEC hydraulic system ensures perfect modulation in all conditions.
- DDS clutch → compact with better modulation and improved durability
- BRAKTEC hydraulic system → perfect clutch modulation
- Most powerful Husqvarna enduro engine available
- Intuitive and confidence-inspiring riding experience
- Advanced electronics include traction control and adjustable engine maps
- Exclusive DDS clutch with BRAKTEC hydraulics for smooth and light clutch action
- Electric starter and compact Li-Ion battery